Monday, July 11, 2011

~~~ Another Adventure ~~~





Well I have been at it again! Trying something new!!
For the AFTCM Group I had to create a Steampunk Spoon!
So I used an old Gerber Baby spoon and bent it to be hung.
I used my Ranger Alcohol Inks for the first time really.
And then found among my stash an old red English Bus
metal pin. I could have sworn it said London on it,
but it has disappeared.
Perhaps in inking? The manipulating? My imagination? Who knows?
Then one thing led to another....
old earrings, old watch parts,old findings, an old watch spring!
Then Goop Crafter's Contact Adhesive, I was out of
E something or other. I also used another adhesive made for
jewelry making called Aleene's Glass & Bead...Platinum Bond.
So here it is and now I have to figure out how to box it up and
then mail it and hope nothing comes apart in transit!!!!
And I am already sad to know it will be gone.
I sure hope my partner will like it!!
I am not good with a camera so hope you get a positive sense of it!



3 comments:

KnitYoga said...

Your steampunk spoon turned out wonderfully. YOur swap partner is going to really love it!

Cami said...

You must have been my magpie sister in our last life!
Love your work.
Cami
http://colorsmith.wordpress.com/

Victoria said...

Wow this fork is incredible! I love the work you have put into it. It's so detailed and intricate. I know your swap partner will love it!