Monday, March 21, 2011

~~~ Ball Gown ~~~



Well I am adventuring into new


territory again, You know me, always


trying new things. This dress was for


a group swap. But as usual I always want


to know how somehting is to be used or


displayed. So as usual Ihad to come up with


something that my partner could do with it.


I created a cardboard template and added a n


easel so the dress could be sat on a shelf and be


free standing. Then I created the dress.


I am not one for dainty objects, I am kind of


all thumbs and no patience with frill and fou fou.


I took an old Barbie dress for the base dress and


cut off the bodice...never again....and then


decorated with trim and feathers and vintage pearls.


I took a piece of lace crinolin form a large old doll for


underneath dress and give the dress fullness. The


swap was actually called Marie Antoinette Ball Gown.


The most fun was creating the template,


made two to adhere together and covered with


scrapbook paper and edged it with gold trim.


I had more fun doing that than the dress!! lol


Hope you like it and my partner too.


5 comments:

Gerri Herbst said...

great ball gown. Youve given me an idea to use Barbie Clothes!Ill have to work on that and get back to you.gerri

michele hileman said...

Awesome projects. I just love your work. You have a new follower..:)

Jan said...

Beautiful ball gown!

Virginia said...

What a clever girl you are to use recycled barbie clothes! Too bad I have all boys LOL. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Ginny
pollyspaper.wordpress.com

Gaby Bee said...

This ball gown is enchanting !Love all the details on this!
I wish you a happy rest of this week and a fun upcoming weekend.

Hugs, Gaby